Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Sunday, February 21, 2010

One thing at at time..

I keep telling myself I'll work on one thing at a time, but it never seems to happen.

I've been working on cleaning up the third story in the Magic Seasons series -Harvest Dreams to get it to the publisher. This alone is quite the task. I haven't looked at this manuscript in roughly a year and it's very entertaining to go back now and see what I wrote (and the errors I made). I should have this ready by the end of the week.
When writing a story for NaNoWriMo I tend to type like a madwoman and ignore the mistakes, just so I can complete those 50,000 words by the deadline. Unfortunately the story I wrote for this is the first in my Animal Trilogy - Heart - and it's becoming more of a complete re-write the further I get into it.

On the good side of things last years story from NaNo - Mystic Perceptions has been contracted and I'll be working on edits with it shortly too. It is also the first in a Trilogy, the Hidden Senses Trilogy. I have two written in that story line.

I keep telling myself "One thing at a time" and then my muse drops ideas in my head of Trilogy's and stories for a series ... my muse needs to learn how to type I think.

On top of all of this I will also be starting edits with another publisher on Twice Cursed - which oddly enough is a single, stand alone story - and if I try really hard not to think about it, it will stay as a single story!!

In March I have several Author Reads to get finished up and posted. I had debated on axing this, but I enjoy sharing with other author's too much to completely let it go. Keep an eye out for those...

When I'm not working on all of the above I'm at work where I manage a quaint cafe franchise and promoting my writing.
Speaking of promoting, I decided I had thirty minutes a week to spare (sighs loudly) and have joined up with a large group of authors that have started a new blog "Romance Writers Behaving Badly" http://romancewritersbehavingbadly.blogspot.com/2010/02/authors-behind-romance-writers-behaving.html?zx=a129023bd7bd20b3 The blogs big kick off bash is all week long. Stop by and check it out!

Okay, my coffee has soaked into all pores and organs and I am now alert enough to do some of my fun paperwork for the cafe before I climb back into Harvest Dreams and try to get a few more chapters shiny.

;)


4 comments:

  1. SO BUSY!! But I understand. I remember when we used to chat and write -- now, we're lucky to do one or the other! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! It's either answer emails or get a few promo's or chapters in now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on all the projects and time commitments. There's just never enough time to get everything done!

    I'm looking forward to checking out your work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking of hiding and taking a whole day off this week - but I've said that before...

    I love feedback on my writing, so feel free to share when you find a few seconds of free time.

    ReplyDelete