Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Interview with Allie Boniface

It is my pleasure to interview Allie Boniface 
author of  One Night in Memphis, a contemporary
romance.

Who is Allie Boniface?

Ooh boy...let's see...a writer, teacher, wife, musician, 
runner, reader, and Zumba-holic! (If you haven't heard 
of that last one, visit www.zumba.com - it's an awesome 
workout that's mostly just dancing to really, really cool music!)

What genres do you choose to write? Why?
I write both romance (because I'm a sucker for a love story) 
and YA (because teenagers and the way life totally consumes 
them - or maybe the other way around - fascinates me)

What is the hardest part of writing for you?
Finding the time!

Do you ever have problems with writers block?  
If so how do you get through it?
Sometimes. I tend to write through it. I'm pretty good at 
buckling down and doing what I need to do. Even if I write 
crap, the next day I can edit it!

What do you do when you’re not writing/editing or 
thinking about writing/editing?
I'm a full-time high school teacher, so that takes up the 
bulk of my time. My husband and I also like to travel a lot, 
and I play my baby grand piano for relaxation.

When did you realize you wanted to write?
Umm...is "sometime in the womb" an acceptable answer?

While working on a story, do you directly onto the computer 
or are there notebooks and plot ideas jotted down in various places?
Both. I do a lot of drafting on the computer, but I still like 
the physical manipulation of jotting down notes, scribbling 
them out, drawing arrows to connect plotlines, etc.

From your own writing, do you have a favourite story or 
character? Why?
 I think some of my favorites are Eddie, the hero in Lost in 
Paradise (also newly available in audio book!), because he's 
such a rough-and-tumble, sexy guy that all my readers seem 
to adore; Sean, the villain in One Night in Memphis, just 
because it was so much fun to write a bad guy; and Kira, 
the heroine in One Night in Napa (which just released in 
print last week!), because she's not the typical gorgeous, 
swooning female: she has super-short spiky red hair, facial 
piercings, and a sarcastic tongue that'll tell off anyone. 
She's awesome!

What’s one thing about you that your readers may not know?
I'm a huge baseball fan, and the Cleveland Indians are my fave team :)

What other books do you have out and in what formats are they available?
I currently have 4 contemporary romances out in both print 
and ebook, 2 out in audio book, and one out in ebook only 
(Summer's Song) that will release in print this November.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, Allie.

Here's a bit about One Night in Memphis.
Blurb:

What if a woman, tired of broken hearts and bad choices, 
traveled a thousand miles to the heart of Memphis, Tennessee, 
and spent a night forgetting her past in the blues clubs of 
Beale Street? What if a man who lost his wife to cancer ventured 
to Beale Street's social scene for the first time in over a year? 
And what if they met and realized love was still possible for 
them both?

Dakota James and Ethan Meriweather have both given up 

on finding happiness in a relationship. When they meet in 
downtown Memphis, at a crowded nightclub, neither has romance 
on the brain. But as the evening unfolds, and small talk turns to 
the stuff of hopes, dreams, and shared loss, a kinship grows 
that surprises them.

Before the night is over, though, Dakota's past will catch 

up with her in the form of a violent ex-boyfriend. As dawn 
approaches, and tragedy threatens to tear Dakota and Ethan 
apart, both will have to make a decision that could change 
their lives forever. Is new love worth putting your life on the line 
for someone you've just met?



Make sure you leave Allie a comment, so you can be entered in 
her draw for an audio copy of either Lost in Paradise or 
One Night in Memphis!


4 comments:

  1. Memphis is a wonderful place to visit! The story sounds great. Wishing you many sells. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a great story. And I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! Allie, One Night In Memphis sounds terrific. And I hear you about how hard it is to find time to write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again, Allie!
    I wish you great success.

    ReplyDelete