Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Interview with Author S.J. Wright

Today I have the pleasure of having author 
of The Vampire's Warden, S. J. Wright here
on my blog for an interview.

Thanks for stopping by S.J.

  1. Who is S.J. Wright?
I am a 40-year-old married Mom with two boys who grew up in northern Indiana with six sisters.  Now I live with my husband, our two sons and our Jack Russell terrier, Shelby in the Dallas, Texas area.

  1. Where did your inspiration for The Vampire’s Warden come from?
I wanted to come up with a vampire story, but preferred for the setting to be somewhere familiar to me.  My husband and I had a short honeymoon in Nashville, Indiana back in 2002, and we really love it there.

  1. Did you have any problems with your characters doing what you wanted them to do?
Sarah and Michael have been easy to write.  Alex is a little more of a challenge because of his history.

  1. While working on a story, do you type directly onto the computer or are there notebooks and plot ideas jotted down in various places?
When I write out anything to do with the story, it’s on the computer.  I detest my own handwriting.
 
  1. What’s next for you, any future releases coming out soon?
The second book in the Undead in Brown County series will be released at the beginning of June.  It’s called The Vampire’s Curse.  There may be two further books in the series.

  1. Who are three of your favourite authors?
Margaret Mitchell, Charlaine Harris, Philippa Gregory.  The Other Boleyn Girl is one of the few books that I read over and over again.

  1. What do you do when you’re not writing/editing or thinking about writing/editing?
My 4-year-old son, Cameron, has spina bifida.  He has limited use of his legs, so he keeps me very busy when he’s not in school.  Then there’s the usual daily stuff that Moms have to do.  Laundry, cleaning, etc.  I also read a lot.  I don’t concentrate on one specific genre, either.  In the past couple of weeks, I’ve read one true account of the Auschwitz concentration camp, a wonderful book called A Reliable Wife, which is set in Minnesota and St. Louis during the 1910’s, and The Gathering, by Kelley Armstrong.

  1. This one has absolutely nothing to do with writing, but I’m getting ready for True Blood Season 4!  Bill or Eric?
Eric!  I’m a huge fan of bad boy characters.  I’m really hoping that the first episode of the season will involve Sookie picking Eric up at the side of the road and keeping him at her house until he gains his memory back.  Let’s just hope they don’t skip that shower scene!  Sizzle!


I'm trying hard not to get distracted by the shower scene comment ... so we'll go right to The Vampire's Warden book details.


Blurb:
It was a flash in the moonlight, a blur of motion like I’d never witnessed before. No human had the capacity to move like that. When I found myself face-to-face with him there in the meadow, I knew without a doubt that the journal was authentic. I knew that my grandfather hadn’t been crazy at all. 

Because a foot away from me stood a vampire.


Sarah Brightman reads her grandfather's journal in stunned disbelief. What was once her grandfather's responsibility has passed to her father and now to her. She has become the Warden. Her life will never be the same.

This is part one of a three-part series. It is 31,880 words long.

Excerpt from book:
I was in the meadow.  Panic pushed through me in waves and my heart began beating savagely inside my chest.  No.  Not here.  I turned blindly to make my way back towards the main house.  That’s when I heard the voice.
“Ah, Sarah.”
The voice echoed around me, unfamiliar and oddly seductive.  The voice of a man.  It was endlessly alluring, smooth and sent little hot shocks up my spine.  But I could feel the dangerous undertones, the hint of deception as my brain tried to process the way my body was reacting.
“Who’s there?”  I called cautiously, glancing around.  Fear congealed in my gut, rendering my legs and arms powerless.  Whoever was calling me seemed to know me on a deeper level than I thought possible.  It terrified me.  There was a complete and deadening silence in the surrounding trees.  A nothingness that brought the fear to a heart-stopping crescendo.
I waited and my gaze found the boulders in the dim moonlight.  I was reminded of the last vision I’d had when I’d touched Alex.  The woman in the meadow, waiting expectantly.  But there had been no fear in her such as I felt now.  Only anticipation.  What had she been waiting for?  Who?  Why hadn’t she been afraid?
It was then that I saw a figure step out from behind one of the boulders.  His movements were fluid and graceful as a jungle cat.  He paused for a moment and then leaned back against one of the boulders, crossing his arms.  I couldn’t make out his features in the darkness, only the carefree stance and powerful build.  Even without the validation of physically seeing his eyes, I felt them on me just as I felt the ground beneath my feet and the ragged breaths coming in and out of my chest.
Then he spoke.
“At last.”  There was a breath of a sigh and I thought I saw his lips curve upward in an ironic smile, “My dearest Sarah.”  Again, that same melodic voice captured my attention completely.






Title: The Vampire’s Warden
Author: S.J. Wright
ISBN: ISBN-13: 978-1460989883 (CreateSpace-Assigned) 
ISBN-10: 1460989880 

Page count: 186
Genre: Paranormal thriller/paranormal romance
Price: $0.99
The ebook version of The Vampire’s Warden is available on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004NNVKAO,



The Vampire’s Warden blog can be found at http://vampireswarden.blogspot.com/.


Thanks again for being here today, S.J !!

No comments:

Post a Comment