Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Friday, July 8, 2011

Guest Author David M. Brown

Today I have the pleasure of having Author David M. Brown stop by 
while on his tour for fantasy novel Fezariu’s Epiphany. 


Thanks for stopping by, David!


**

When I first started writing I used to have grand dreams of being
famous and fabulously wealthy, the next JK Rowling I suppose. Having
self-published my first novel, Fezariu’s Epiphany, in May I am pleased
to say that my ambitions regarding writing have changed somewhat.

Don’t get me wrong, if Fezariu’s Epiphany and subsequent novels set in
Elenchera top the bestsellers lists and earn me that country retreat
then no one will be happier than me. The longer I’ve spent writing the
more my dreams of success have changed. The love of writing is more
paramount to me then how much money I can make. I would rather have a
small group of satisfied readers than a large group condemning my
novel.

With Elenchera I am trying to do something a little different with the
fantasy genre, make it more accessible to a wider audience and I
realise that aiming for such a change could be a masterstroke or it
could be a costly mistake. Only time will tell on that one. I would
rather try and aim for something unique rather than be just another
fantasy writer with nothing to make me stand out from my peers.

Choosing to self-publish Fezariu’s Epiphany has turned out to be a good
decision. With my loyal wife, Donna, by my side we’ve had complete
control over the book from the start and she has been instrumental in
its promotion. If we weren’t already married she’d be on the payroll,
that’s how important she has been to the progress myself and Elenchera
have made. It’s been more rewarding conversing closely with readers and
fellow writers along the way and it is reassuring just how much support
there is out there for an unknown such as me.

So far Fezariu’s Epiphany has enjoyed some positive feedback and I’m
pleased to say that my expectations for the book are not over the top.
In terms of ratings I would consider an average of 3/5 to be a good
return for a debut work and anything above that I will gladly take as a
pleasant surprise and bonus. With this being my first novel, and a self-
published one at that, I’m not expecting the book to suddenly sell a
million copies and change my life overnight. However, if it does return
some positive reviews and readers come back to me having enjoyed the
journey with Fezariu and their visit to Elenchera then I will consider
the novel a great success.

Now for more about it:
Book Blurb: 
"The White Oak, Clarendon’s oldest brothel, lured and destroyed men by the thousands. Fezariu was different. He had never been drawn by the White Oak’s vices but the brothel had still ruined him when he was just a boy. 

Salvation came in the form of the Merelax Mercenaries – Elenchera’s most prestigious hired hands. They gave Fezariu the chance to escape from his past. Immersed in the world of dangerous assignments in the colonies Fezariu longed to forget everything about his childhood but only in facing the past would he ever be free of it."

Purchase links: 

And here's where you can find David
David's Twitter profile: http://www.twitter.com/elenchera




Thanks again and Good luck!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline...I'm a new GFC follower. :) I've been sort of following along on this book tour and I enjoyed David Brown's guest post here.
    Laurie
    Laurie's Thoughts & Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline

    Thanks for hosting me today! Your blog is lovely and it's great to be here!

    And Hi to Laurie! Thanks so much for your continued interest!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete