Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Engaging the Enemy

Today Author Heather Boyd is here with her
brand new release Engaging the Enemy!

Welcome Heather!

Hello Everyone,

Today is the Day! Engaging the Enemy, my latest regency romance novel, is out now at Amazon and Smashwords and I am so excited. Engaging the Enemy is a sensual romance set in 1813 which is why I've chosen to write down the seven reasons I love regency era England.

1. The clothes. Men in tight breeches, ladies in corsets. I particularly like undressing them as quick as possible.

2. Mr. Darcy (Colin Firth is my ideal)

3. Proper ladies and gents behaving badly, breaking the rules in the name of lust and love.

4. Matchmaking mothers. I never enjoyed it when it happened to me, but now I'm older I find it funny to read.

5. The Parties, dinners, balls, soiree's, gentlemen's clubs, and the theatre. London thrived on the night life.

6. Gorgeous homes, cheeky servants, the food! So rich.

7. Panties not required.

As you might imagine, I'm very fond of using points 3 and 7 as often as possible. Here's a peek at Engaging the Enemy. To celebrate the release, I’m giving away one ecopy of my novel here today. Just answer this simple question:

Have you ever gone out without your PANTIES, and if so where did you go to?

 Engaging Button.jpg
About Engaging the Enemy:
A duchess should be regal, aloof and the image of calm elegance. But those words have never applied to Mercy Randall, Duchess of Romsey. A widow and mother of a young duke, Mercy is lonely and floundering to keep the estate afloat. When she discovers the existence of Leopold Randall, her husband’s estranged cousin, Mercy commits to help him locate his missing siblings if he’ll return the estate to order. Although cautioned against trusting a man who would inherit everything should her son die, she impetuously hands over the estate to Leopold’s care in the hope of keeping him near.


Leopold Randall, heir to the young duke, has returned to Hampshire to demand information regarding the fate of his missing siblings. Unfortunately, the Duchess of Romsey is clueless about them, yet her struggle to maintain the estate tugs at Leopold’s sense of duty. At her insistence, he steps in to bring order to chaos while searching for hints to his family’s whereabouts amongst the old duke’s papers. Yet the duchess tempts him in ways best unspoken. He fights to hide his weakness for her and a shameful past that could see him banished again. But when Leopold discovers a threat against the duchess and young duke’s life, he must join forces with the temptress to protect his last known relative.
Engaging the Enemy releases shortly on Amazon.


About Heather
Heather Boyd is the author of erotic romance with an historical bent. A fan of regency England settings, she writes m/f and m/m stories that push the boundaries of propriety and even break the laws of that time. Brimming with new ideas, she frequently wishes she could type as fast as she can conjure up new storylines. Heather lives with her testosterone-fuelled family north of Sydney.

Her published work include: The Distinguished Rogues (Chills, Broken & Charity), gay regency romance - The Hunt Club Chronicles (Almost an Equal, Barely a Master & Hardly a Stranger) and short erotic romance One Wicked Night, In the Widow's Bed, Love Me Tender, Wicked Mourning and The Almack’s Alternative.

Links
Website: www.heather-boyd.com
http://twitter.com/Heather_Boyd
http://facebook.com/HeatherBoydRomanceAuthor
Amazon Author Page: https://amazon.com/author/heatherboyd
  

7 comments:

  1. I would love a copy of Engaging! It sounds fascinating! Great reasons to love regency btw LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your reasons for adoring the Regency period! Engaging the Enemy sounds like delicious fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great read and I have to agree with all your reasons for liking the Regency.

    No, I am not answering the question ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Suzie Grant and Julie Johnstone - Thanks for dropping by.

    @ Jane Charles - I'm going to take that as a yes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! No way am I answering that question, Miss Impertinent! The book sounds great. I just bought my copy last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll never tell !! LOL And I have to agree with ALL Of your reasons for loving the Regency! You had me had hot guys in tight breeches!

    Can't wait to read Engaging the Enemy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Samantha - come on! Enquiring minds want to know. LOL

    Louisa - I'd try to torture the info out of you but you've got gators near you. LOL

    Not one brave soul dares to tell the truth? Oh well. I'm sure I can write such a character. LOL

    ReplyDelete