Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Friday, April 30, 2010

Happy Beltane!

I wanted to wish everyone a Happy Beltane a little early.
I unfortunately have to be at the cafe tonight at mid-night to 
do month end inventory, so chances of me being up early
tomorrow are pretty slim right now.

We're having perfect weather for the Beltane celebrations
here.  Sunny and warm, which is so wonderful after the
years of minus temperatures and rain.  One year we were
even silly enough to camp out after a Beltane celebration, the 
temperatures dropped to zero that night.  I have never been
so cold!!  Surprisingly though everyone brought lots of blankets
and the tents were filled with cocooned bodies and we 
somehow survived it.

Here's to a fruitful season to everyone!!

I'm posting an excerpt from Beltane Magic today, of course.
Enjoy!

Book I in the Magic Season series 
Paranormal Romance

It was hard to not rush it when she was sitting on the floor with a few books 
beside her, chewing her bottom lip over something she was reading. 
He wanted to chew that lip, wanted to suck on it.

Sighing, he tossed the notebook onto the couch beside him and sat up.

“What?” She looked at his notebook then at him puzzled. “Out of ideas already?”

He dropped to his knees on the floor and moved toward her. “Oh, I have lots of ideas.” 
She held the book in front of her chest, eyes wide. “None of which have anything 
to do with anything but you.” She shook her head at him. 
“You sit there looking all focused and sexy as hell, and my brain is
having a meltdown.” He pulled the book from her hands and tossed it to the side. 
She bit her lip again, looking nervous. “I need a taste.” 
His eyes stayed on her mouth. “A small taste to feed a
starving man, pretty Lee.” He dragged her onto his lap.

She struggled with the reasons why she shouldn’t let 
him kiss her. “Your story.”

He lowered his mouth to hers. “To hell with the story.”

She leaned back. “But your editor . . .”

He adjusted his hold and pulled her closer. “To hell with my editor.”

“But . . .”

“Kiss me, Lee.” She stopped her struggle and looked at him. “Take one step toward me, 
so to speak, instead of away and kiss me.”

The softness of his voice melted her bones. She looked at his mouth. 
He really has very kissable lips.

“One kiss.” He was determined to let her come to him this time.

She placed her hands on his cheeks, slowly lowered her mouth to his, 
and gently brushed her lips over his. His hand clenched in her hair, 
but he didn’t try to pull her closer. Wanting more, she
brushed his mouth again, and when he opened his lips, she hesitantly dipped 
her tongue into his mouth and flicked it against his.


No comments:

Post a Comment