Like my page

Follow me on Twitter

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Excerpt Thursday - Twice Cursed and In Our Dream

I thought I'd do another two this week
Here's a short one from Twice Cursed which
was released yesterday.

Maddy sighed and closed the book. She stood there debating on whether to go out and tell Colin help was on the way, or to sit here and try to figure it out more before Ginger got here. Colin came bolting into the room.
“A woman just came out of your tree!” He looked over his shoulder and then back to her.
Maddy grimaced. She probably should have warned him about that too. “She’s come to help figure this out.”
He turned and watched as the woman reached the house. “And popping out of trees is okay?”
Maddy glanced behind him to see Ginger coming in. “Uh, yeah.” Colin turned and backed up to the desk, then perched on the edge of it.
Ginger came in the room and stopped short, looking at the man leaning on the desk. “Oh, I hadn’t thought to ask if it was a man from our community, but I see by the look on his face he’s not.”
Colin shook his head. “Lady, I don’t even think we’re from the same planet.”


AND
One from In Our Dream

The nerve of that man!  Why won’t he just accept things and go away?  She paced back and forth, trying to control the frustration that was pumping through her.  Every time she saw him,  every hurt moment came flooding back to her and she just wanted him gone.  She wanted to move on and live her own life and try her damndest to be happy!

“Jennah?”

She spun around, expecting someone to be behind her. There was no one there.  Was that Dominic’s voice?  Oh no, she was hallucinating now!  Should she call her doctor?  Maybe the stress had finally caught up to her.  Was she going to end up spending her holidays alone in the psych ward?

“Jennah, why are you so upset?”

She squeezed her eyes shut.  I am not hearing voices! I am not losing my mind!

She heard his deep chuckle.  “No, you’re not losing your mind.  This is really happening.  I should have told you, but in our dream...it’s not really a dream. We’re connecting.”

Her eyes flew open.  What?  “What?”  She stood perfectly still, waiting to see if she could hear him again.

“I can explain it better later. I just picked up on how upset you were...”

She squinted.  “Picked up?  How?  How are you inside my head when I’m completely awake? How can we talk inside my head?”

She heard him chuckle again.  “Inside mine, as well.  I don’t have time right now. Are you all right?”

She laughed out loud, not knowing if he would hear it in her head too. “Clearly not!  I’m talking to a man from my dream inside my head while I’m wide awake standing in the locker room at work!”

“Jennah...”

  Jacqueline Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment